Webfic protects the copyrights and respects the efforts of all authors, to offer a community with no material that violates the copyrights of others, which is the highest priority to our team.
Uploading other authors' copyrighted novels without their legal authorization is seriously forbidden. Webfic has the obligation to dispose the copyright infringement
complying with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”).
File a DMCA Take-down Notice
To protect your legal rights and financial costs, make sure your copyright has been infringed by some certain material from Webfic Platform or Community before you send the e-mail to file a DMCA Take-down Notice.
You can notify us by email at: email@example.com with “Notice of Infringement” in the subject line, which contains:
1. An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright (or other intellectual property) interest;
2. A description of the copyrighted work (or other intellectual property interest) that you claim has been infringed and a URL to the work;
3. A description containing the location on the Platform of the material that you claim is infringing;
4. Your email address and your mailing address and/or telephone number;
5. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright (or other intellectual property) owner, its agent, or the law;
6. A statement by you made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright (or other intellectual property) owner or authorized to act on the copyright (or other intellectual property) owner’s behalf.
Webfic will terminate the users who are defined as Repeat Infringers by Webfic without pre-notice. Users confirmed by Webfic that have repeatedly infringed others' copyrights are Repeat Infringers.
Protect Your Works Infringed Outside Webfic
If you find that your novel had been uploaded by others without your legal authorization, you are entitled to protect your copyright
The steps of filing a DMCA Take-down Notice on other website are similar to the method above. Find the Help, Contact, Support, Terms of Service/Use buttons on the target website and to know the specific requirements.
File a DMCA Counter-Notice
If you believe that a notice of copyright infringement has been improperly submitted against you, you may submit a “Counter-Notice of Infringement” to Webfic, which contains:
1. Your physical or electronic signature;
2. Your full name, your email address, your mailing address;
3. Identification of the material removed or to which access has been disabled;
4. A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that removal or disablement of the material was a mistake or that the material was misidentified;
5. A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the court (a) in the judicial district where your address is located if the address is in Singapore, or (b) located in Singapore, if your address is located outside Singapore, and that you will accept service of process from the complainant submitting the notice or his/her authorized agent.